Okay, what can we say about the weather? Or, better still, what can we say about our attitude toward the weather? “As a rule man’s a fool. When it’s hot he wants it cool; When it’s cool he wants it hot; Always wanting what is not.”

Well, regardless, we could do with an extended spell of good weather. And, how about those winds. It’s been a tough slog on the bicycle. This week when riding NW, I re-evaluated my pro-tour prospects. I started thinking about getting an agent to peddle my services to Dimension Data; then, I rode SE up a small climb and I thought more realistically of making an early booking for a Retirement Home. Talk about a split personality and not knowing one’s mind. Thank goodness for difficult conditions, it brings home the truth.

As for this spring’s weather, it’s up and down, just like a compressed spring that boings at random, hither and yon. Saturday will see us scrambling for cover early, if the latest forecast is right. Earlier to-day, things were looking up but now I see there’s been a turn for the worse. That’s hard to figure because its full sunshine and blue sky as I write this, albeit the wind has the trees in genuflection.

So, what’s to be done? I think I’ll post by 7am on Saturday. It will be short as in Ride is on or Ride is cancelled. Full stop or go, so to speak.

Right, here’s the tentative plan for Saturday (assuming we ride):

Meet at Stinsons at 8 am 8am and ride to White Lake and Pakenham (40 kms +-); then weather permitting, Carleton Place (35 kms +-); then home via Conc 8, etc (45 kms+-), for a total distance of 115 kms +-. Coffee in Pakenham or Carleton Place depending on the conditions. If the wind changes to the SW, then, we’ll ride to Calabogie and Pucker St, Bruce St, etc., for a hill of a ride!

NOTE the Venue and Time. Stinsons and 8 am.

Of course, all this subject to change based upon the turnout and the actual weather, and one’s mood at the time.

Important to know: If you subscribe I will post last-minute notifications by 7am or so on ride-mornings in the event of any changes to the ride schedule. For non-subscribers, please google http://www.arnpriorcycling.wordpress.com before leaving home. Alternatively, if you wish to subscribe, click on the ‘Follow’ link at the bottom right of the Home page. It’s that easy, and no cost. What a bargain!

Okay, back to the ride: This is a flat ride compared to last Sunday’s. We’re riding for distance on this one to extend our range by 10% or so. We’ll aim for another 100 kms on Sunday. Next week, the schedule calls for 140 kms and lots of climbing. Just so you know.

Saturday’s weather forecast is calling for a) temperatures in the low teens, SE winds at 10, and 70% pop by 9 am; b) mid teens, SW winds 10, and pop by 11 am; c) low teens, SE winds, and 60% pop at 8 am. That’s from three different weather sites. And, CBC at 5pm is calling for rain by 1pm.

Alert: Information about our ride’s (for all that participate), these are ‘no-drop’ group rides. It’s steady as she goes (conversational style), except for the hills where it’s every man for himself. Regroup at the top.

New cyclists welcome.

Okay, Ride your bike! Bye bye, ac. Comments always welcome at arnpriorcycling@bell.net; https://twitter.com/ArnpriorCycling

Vision and Reality

Vision and Reality