Okay, below are my comments from three hours ago. I held off sending this because I wanted to get a better read on the weather. I was full of optimism for Saturday’s ride at that point but I am no longer hopeful. Rain is now forecast for 10.30 am. This and the 5C temperature would make for an unpleasant ride. Still, I will hold-off cancelling until 6:10  in the morning just in case there is an improvement. So, please check the blog first thing. Either way, I will confirm the ride is on or I will cancel the ride. Hope such indecision is okay with you.

The good news is that Sunday is looking better all the time.


Written at 4 pm Friday

Hello and welcome

The sun has lost its warmth! Where did it go and why? Her majesty can’t comment nor is she talking about the referendum. What’s to be done? Let’s ride.

Here is Saturday’s tentative plan:

Meet at Stinsons on White lake Road at 8 am 8 am and ride to Pakenham via Stewartville and White lake, etc; Home via Dwyer Hill for a total distance of approx 65 kms, with some moderate climbing on the route but the pace will be easy because we have the MEC 100 on Sunday. Unfortunately,  Saturday’s weather is not ideal but it should be dry for the ride. You will need gloves and booties and an extra layer, I think. We’ll stop at the General Store in Pakenham for coffee and sticky buns.

NB: if the weather forecast changes for the worse, I’ll cancel the ride and post a note no later than 6:10 am on Saturday morning. One potential issue is if the rain showers move in earlier than anticipated; otherwise, it’s a go.

You can make the most of tomorrow’s ride by testing your cool/cold weather gear for Saturday’s ride. That way you’ll be able to make adjustments for Sunday if necessary.

Okay, I say, get out and ride your bicycle.

Bye bye, ac. Comments welcome at arnpriorcycling@bell.net; http://www.twitter.com/ArnpriorCycling